Bluehost's best website builder, Bluehost, is one of the first web hosts, launched in 1996, and has since grown to become the most well-known name in WordPress hosting.
Review by an Expert on Bluehost
They are a hosting company that is officially recommended by "WordPress." You never have to worry about your website being sluggish with Bluehost, even during periods of high traffic. By phone, email, or live chat, their 24/7 experienced assistance is available to assist you whenever you need it. They are rated number one for small business web hosting. Additionally, they are providing a free domain, free SSL, a free site builder with templates, and a special discount of 63 percent off for WPBeginner users.
- most reasonable costs
- Totally free domain
- SSL and free CDN
- excellent client service
- WordPress officially recommends
- 1-click WordPress installation
- Increased domain renewal cost
From Our Experts a Bluehost Review
One of the largest web hosting providers in the world, Bluehost is also one that WordPress specifically recommends. Bluehost provides a wide range of hosting plans with 24/7 customer assistance for beginners as well as for medium-sized to large organizations. See the whole Bluehost evaluation by our experts to find out if Bluehost is the perfect solution for you.
We'll put their claims to the test in our thorough Bluehost review utilizing a thorough study and industry-accepted benchmarking methods.
We'll focus on the areas listed below:
- How quickly will Bluehost enable your website to load? To evaluate that, we shall do tests on their performance and server response times.
- How well does Bluehost function during traffic peaks? We'll put that to the test by running a stress test to evaluate how it handles traffic.
- Will your website be dependable enough to be accessible 24/7/365 without any interruptions?
- Can you rely on Bluehost's customer service when you urgently need assistance with your website?
- Are they equipped with all the capabilities you'll need to create your website?
- Do they provide the most competitive prices in the market? Exist any Bluehost discounts that might help you save money?
The benefits and downsides of Bluehost will be thoroughly analysed in this comprehensive evaluation. Here is a brief evaluation of Bluehost that includes our assessment directly below it if you don't want to read the entire review.
In conclusion, we found Bluehost to be dependable, quick, and economical, with helpful customer service available around-the-clock.
Because of this, we've decided to suggest Bluehost as one of the top WordPress hosting providers.
Let's now go into our in-depth evaluation of Bluehost hosting so that you may make your own judgment.
Let's start by looking at the business itself.
Bluehost began operations in 1996 and expanded gradually to rank among the biggest web hosting providers worldwide. More than 2 million websites from across the world are currently powered by it.
Bluehost and the WordPress community have a history of cooperation. Since 2006, they have been a recognized site server by WordPress.org.
They take great pleasure in their round-the-clock customer service, excellent hosting setup, and support for free open source software like WordPress.
Bluehost Pros and Cons in detail
All best web hosting services have their benefits and downsides. Some of them you can tolerate, while others you cannot.
The benefits and drawbacks of Bluehost are listed below.
Let's first examine the benefits that make Bluehost the best option.
- Pricing: Their hosting options are well within the reach of most customers, particularly those who are just starting out.
- Reliability: With little downtime, they run a lot of websites.
- No further costs will be added when you register for an account.
- Free domain: When you register, you receive a free domain name for the first year.
- Free CDN + SSL: To prevent malware and strengthen security, you receive a free SSL certificate and a free Cloudflare CDN for each website.
- Money-Back Guarantee: All programmes come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
There are always drawbacks with every hosting firm, as we just discussed. These are a few drawbacks of using Bluehost as your host.
- increased domain renewal cost The cost of their free domain renewal is greater than the norm.
- Upselling Extras During the enrollment process, they use an aggressive upsell strategy. However, if you don't use SiteLock or any other addons, you may just uncheck them.
Performance tests for Bluehost
Speed is the most significant performance statistic you should be looking for. It has an impact on your website's user experience as well as your WordPress SEO rankings.
According to studies, a 1-second delay in website performance can lower conversion rates by 7%. You may lose 50% of your traffic with a 3-second wait.
Let's check how quickly Bluehost can load your website.
Speed test results for Bluehost
You must pick a quick website hosting business if you want a quicker website. In order to determine Bluehost's actual speed, we built a test site with this in mind.
WordPress was used to develop our test site, and the Twenty Twenty theme was used by default. For the construction of the theme, we imported fake material with photos. After that, we checked the website's performance using Pingdom.
Here are the outcomes of our tests:
As you can see, it takes less than two seconds for our test site to load. This result is impressive given that our website wasn't employing any cache plugins or performance optimization techniques.
However, because there wasn't much activity on this test site, the speed test alone isn't sufficient.
We sent virtual users (VU) to our test site using a testing application called K6 (formerly LoadImpact) to see how Bluehost servers would react to an increase in traffic.
We used it to progressively raise the number of visitors to 100 to test the server's ability to handle more requests from many simultaneous connections.
A snapshot of our outcomes is shown below.
The green line represents the number of online users that are actively using the site, while the blue line represents the server load time. As you can see, even during periods of high traffic, the server load stayed constant throughout the test.
This test suggests that Bluehost may be the ideal choice for you if you want a highly fast website.
It's also crucial to highlight that during our testing, there was no downtime recorded.
A guarantee of uptime of 99.99 percent is frequently made by hosting firms. For our test account, we configured an uptime monitoring alert. For a full analysis of the uptime of Bluehost servers, see the screenshot below.
Bluehost Server Response Time
With the help of programs like Pingdom, you can test a live website to check how quickly everything loads. Additionally, this applies to graphics, which load far more slowly than plain text.
We utilized a different program called Bitcatcha to obtain a more precise server response time. Without loading any data, you may test the server's response time.
As you can see, the US Bluehost server completed the task in a very small amount of time. In other places, the reaction time was slightly longer but still under a second.
This might be advantageous for your website if the US is your target market. If more of your users originate from different regions of the world, you can relocate your server.
Hosting Plans & Features from Bluehost
Bluehost offers a selection of hosting solutions for various budgets and sizes. This covers a variety of hosting options, such as managed WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, managed WooCommerce hosting, and shared hosting.
Let's examine the characteristics of the Bluehost hosting options.
- Shared hosting: For a new website with little traffic, shared hosting is the best option. Your website shares server resources with other websites when hosted in a shared hosting environment.
- A more dependable improvement to shared hosting is cloud hosting. Your website will be able to immediately transition to a new server in the event of a hardware breakdown or significant traffic thanks to its ability to use numerous cloud servers.
- Their WordPress plans are made especially for websites that use WordPress as their content management system. It can even defend your WordPress site against typical attacks and is tailored to run WordPress.
- Hosting for WooCommerce: WooCommerce is the most widely used eCommerce plugin for WordPress and makes it simple to launch an online store. You have access to all the necessary capabilities with WooCommerce hosting to launch your online store.
- A step up from shared WordPress hosting, VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting gives you access to virtual dedicated resources in a shared setting.
- Dedicated hosting server: If you use a dedicated hosting server for your website, you will have exclusive access to all of the server's resources. The drawback is that you will be responsible for server management yourself.
You can install WordPress with one click with every hosting package from Bluehost.
Every plan includes a user-friendly hosting control panel where you can manage your hosting, build databases, etc.
Bluehost provides a unique control panel that makes it simpler for novices to utilize. For more complex features, it also employs a modified version of the cPanel hosting dashboard.
Bluehost's Shared Hosting Plans Explained
For new websites, Bluehost provides a shared hosting plan. There are four main tiers of their joint strategy.
Let's examine Bluehost price and the features offered by each plan.
- Basic: You can only host one website with the basic plan. One domain, 25 subdomains, 50GB SSD storage, and five email accounts with 100 MB of disc space each are hosted on it. You will pay a monthly fee of $2.75 for the initial period. You will need to pay $8.99 a month to renew the account.
- Plus: The Plus package offers unrestricted websites, unmetered bandwidth, and unlimited storage. Also included are limitless email accounts. The first term's cost begins at $4.95 a month. You must pay $11.99 a month to renew the account.
- Choice Plus: The Choice Plus plan comes with all of the plus plan's features. Additionally, as extras worth more than $80 per year, you will receive free domain privacy and automated daily backups provided by CodeGuard. The initial term's cost is $5.45 a month. You must pay $16.99 each month when renewing.
- Pro For the first term of the Pro plan, you will pay $13.95 per month; thereafter, you will pay $23.99 per month. All the features from the previous plans are included, plus a dedicated IP address.
You can choose any of these options if your website is just getting started. As your website expands, you may easily upgrade your hosting package.
Bluehost Customer Support and Service
We all occasionally require assistance. It is crucial that you pick a web hosting provider that provides assistance and support when required.
As part of their broad knowledge base, Bluehost maintains a sizable collection of articles, step-by-step instructions, and video tutorials. Beginners can greatly benefit from this, and the majority of frequent problems may be swiftly fixed with a fast search.
To receive further assistance, you might, nevertheless, occasionally need to speak with a person.
You may contact a member of Bluehost's support staff through live chat or phone at any time of the day or night. When you require immediate assistance from technical support personnel, knowing that they are only a click away is quite useful.
The support system that relies on tickets is one item that is absent. Bluehost has made the decision to stop offering ticket-based assistance in favor of a more individualized live chat and phone-based strategy.
The ticket-based help system, which is especially useful if your problem cannot be handled in a single live chat or phone session, may be missed by certain customers, though.
Is Bluehost the best option for you, in conclusion?
You might be wondering if Bluehost is the best option for your website after reading this review.
Numerous websites frequently rate Bluehost as the best web host. They provide a variety of hosting solutions with a tonne of features that make it simple to create your website.
All of their hosting packages include trained professionals offering professional 24/7 customer assistance.
Most significantly, they provide starting programs that are inexpensive and meet all financial needs.
You cannot go wrong by signing up for a Bluehost shared hosting plan if you are just starting off. It is inexpensive and equipped with all the necessary tools. You may quickly increase your hosting package as needed if your website gets more traffic.
Q&As Regarding Bluehost Hosting
We have made an effort to examine every facet of Bluehost's hosting services in this in-depth analysis. These are a some of the most typical inquiries regarding Bluehost that we receive from our users.
Can I make an online store using WooCommerce on Bluehost?
You can, indeed. In actuality, one of the top WooCommerce hosting service providers is Bluehost. Their entry-level package is ideal for opening an online business.
However, bear in mind that when business at your store increases, you'll need to update. Ideally, you'll have enough income by that point to cover the expense of the improvement.
Is Bluehost good for beginners?
Yes. The market's friendliest WordPress hosting provider is Bluehost. When you join up, they immediately install WordPress for you. You can manage your hosting account independently thanks to their user-friendly control panel.
There is a tonne of information, including thorough instructions, videos, and articles. They also offer live chat, phone, and other forms of expert help around the clock.
Can Bluehost handle high traffic?
Small companies and newly launched websites can use their shared hosting options. Their shared hosting package handled 100 virtual users smoothly throughout our stress test.
These strategies help manage normal and unexpected traffic increases. Their server resources are still fairly constrained. You'll need to improve your hosting package if you anticipate heavy traffic.
Why use Bluehost for WordPress?
One of the biggest hosting providers in the world and a certified WordPress hosting partner is Bluehost. They are well familiar with WordPress and have long supported the WordPress community.
Their technology is designed to operate WordPress at maximum efficiency and is well optimized for WordPress websites. You may rest certain that your website is in good hands because they also have WordPress engineers on staff.
Do I need a credit card to sign up with Bluehost?
Credit cards are accepted by Bluehost, but if you'd like, you may choose to see more payment options at checkout and choose PayPal as your preferred payment option.
Is Bluehost better than GoDaddy?
We think Bluehost's support is superior to GoDaddy's, hence Bluehost is superior. Their My Sites dashboard and onboarding process in general is far more user-friendly. In addition, Bluehost has more affordable plans for small enterprises.
How does Bluehost compare with SiteGround and HostGator?
There are a number of advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of when contrasting Bluehost with SiteGround and HostGator.
Comparing Bluehost to SiteGround, the former provides more value for the money. In contrast to SiteGround, whose plans begin at $4.99 and do not offer a free name, theirs begin at $2.75 per month.
The SiteGround platform, on the other hand, offers greater performance and security features. See our comparison of Bluehost, SiteGround, and WP Engine for more information.
When it comes to hosting CPU resources, functionality, site migration tools, cost, and other factors, Bluehost and HostGator are very comparable. Additionally, Bluehost is more akin to companies that offer shared hostings, such as Inmotion hosting or Dreamhost. Because Bluehost has made significant investments in its WordPress website builder platform, we believe that its user experience is a little bit superior.
Where are Bluehost servers located?
In Utah, the US, Bluehost has its own internal data center. They use a huge 50,000-square-foot facility as their main data center.
What Bluehost plan should I get?
We advise starting with their basic plan if you are just getting started with a new website, blog, or online store. A beginner website may be built using it, and you can always improve later.
Are you prepared to launch your website with Bluehost? To choose your Bluehost plan, click here.